Thank you for stopping by Intuitive Healing Arts . . .

Hi there. Welcome to Intuitive Healing Arts. You will find information here about myself, my services, what I find of interest and importance, and lots of informative and thought provoking material.



To get you started in the general sense, I work with natural health and healing modalities, and do freelance writing.



To be more specific, I am a certified reiki practitioner, ordained interfaith minister, and do angel work.



To be even more precise :) I offer reiki sessions, spiritual counseling sessions, and intuitive angel guided readings. I also do freelance writing work usually centered on topics in my areas of expertise. Especially: spirituality, natural healing, wellness, holistic health, and psych-spiritual connections.



I mostly intend to use this blog/website to discuss ideas, offer lots of helpful information to my readers, and bring light and inspiration forth on the pages here every day. Or every post! :)



I appreciate your comments, feedback, sharing, etc. Keeping in mind this is a positive place of respect.



I may also from time to time remind of my services, that you are always welcome to seek out at anytime whether or not I focus on them much, they are always offered. I have a list below of what I currently offer (services, prices, and locations are listed at the bottom of the webpage). If you would like more specific information on what I offer, I am happy to provide that. Please contact me at anytime with any questions.



Also, feel free to contact me with questions/thoughts in general, not concerning services, but just so we can share ideas and inspiration.



Once again, thanks for stopping in . . .



Yours in light and service, Therese.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

wholeness vs. "rightness" quote:

"I'd rather be whole than good"--Carl Jung.
I find this quote helpful, often what others and society percieve as right and good, are truly wrong and harmful for us as individuals. We often find ourselves selling ourselves out, meaning we abandon ourselves to avoid being abandoned by others and society. But this is a worse option, trusting yourself and your inherent goodness is important, don't abandon yourself. You are stronger than you realize. And the outer world has much, much less power in "reality" than we give it in our minds. The power resides within, within each one of us, we are the deciders. If we always feel like we have to rigidly follow the rules of "right" and "wrong" without concern for ourselves, we injure ourselves. "Right" and "wrong" are rarely ever so cut and dry, or one size fits all. This is not to say goodness is not important, but know your own sense of goodness, and furthermore I truly believe that we are naturally programed for goodness and to head towards goodness.... so there is no real contradiction here. We only need realize this, allow this to unfold, and to relax into and trust our own natural expression of goodness. Self-compassion, being kind to ourselves when we fail, and motivating thru self kindness and understanding is much more effective and healthy than motivating thru judgement, harshness, and fear. What difference does judgement, and the rest make anyway? We either do one thing or another, but harsh judgement only casts a very negative light on it. Now, again we can be honest with ourselves and trust that if we make a mistake we can work our way thru it, to the other side, where we've incorporated it wholly, and find no need to repeat it. But understanding and kindness thru this process do not impede it in any way. And in fact harsh self judgement lowers us into a level of self-abuse and a cycle of negativity that can be hard to shift. It is unecessary, and unhelpful, and unhealthy. These are some of the things that have been on my mind lately, and I thought others might be interested in them as well. So, my wish for you today,  is that you may begin to practice being kind to yourself, and understanding that we are all doing the best we can in the circumstances we are in, and trust that we will find our way. I am trying to more fully embrace these ideas myself, won't you join me in this uncommon thought of loving ourselves thru it? Blessings, Therese.

No comments: